Organized Sessions and Mini-symposia
We thank you all for attending the ICASP11 conference. With over 300 participants it was a great success.
The ICASP Conference secretariat will be closed end of September. If you have any request please send an e-mail to email@example.com before end of September. Thanks Annette Walzer
Video of Keynotelectures
Program, Version July 26, 2011
Guideline for the organization of organized sessions and mini-symposia
Contributions to the ICASP11 conference in terms of organized sessions and mini-symposia are warmly welcomed. It is underlined that the organized sessions/mini-symposia shall have a clear motivation and scope within a particular research area or field of application.
In general an organized session should contain between 4-6 invited presentations with papers whereas an organized mini-symposium should contain at least 8 invited presentations with papers.
Interested organizers of sessions and mini-symposia shall observe the following steps:
- Formulate a title of the session/mini-symposium together with a 300 word description of the field of research to which they are inviting for contributions, the motivation and the scope of the session/symposium. This text must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org as a word document before the end of January 2010. Further in this e-mail the name, affiliation and contact details (e-mail address) of the organizer and a co-organizer must be provided. The document shall include a list of envisaged contributions in terms of paper titles and full lists of authors. After this document has been sent to the above e-mail address the organized session/mini-symposia with the list of papers will appear on the ICASP11 homepage.
- The organizers of sessions/mini-symposia shall, at the time of the deadline for submission of abstracts, make sure that the people invited to their session/mini-symposium submit their abstracts to the ICASP11 using the online registration facility on the ICASP11 home-page. Here it is important to make sure that the abstracts are submitted as a contribution of the particular session/mini-symposium in question. The on-line registration facility on the ICASP11 home-page supports this differentiation. After this step the list of papers for the particular session/mini-symposium will be updated on the ICASP11 home-page.
- The organizers of sessions/mini-symposia will be notified from the ICASP11 organization in regard to submitted abstracts which will be sent to them directly per e-mail. As the contributions to organized sessions/mini-symposia are all invited there shall be no review of these abstracts.
- At the time of the deadline for submitting the final papers the organizers of sessions/mini-symposia shall make sure that the people they have invited to their sessions submit their manuscripts through the ICASP11 home-page. The papers will subsequently be sent to the session/mini-symposia organizers per e-mail by the ICASP11 organization.
- The session/mini-symposia organizers shall within 6 weeks arrange and manage the review of the submitted papers. Each paper must be reviewed in accordance with best practice for peer reviews. After successful reviews and possible modifications of papers, organizers should make sure that individual authors submit their print ready papers to the ICASP11 using the online registration facility, and at the same time, organizers should send an overview of the paper reviews to the ICASP11 organization.
It is proposed that the organizers start their sessions/mini-symposia with a short (10 minutes) motivation for this session/mini-symposium. Furthermore it is proposed that 15-20 minutes are reserved in the end of their session/mini-symposium for a summary and discussions.